Reality XP now offers RSS feeds for our software updates. The RSS feeds automatically update as new versions are released, alerting you to the latest additions. Subscribe now from your address bar, or read more information
Frequently Asked Questions
The Config Application does not show any aircraft?
On some systems, the Flight Simulator registry may have been altered. Reality XP software uses the Flight Simulator registry and requires it is properly set. To check and repair your registry settings, please use:
Flight Simulator Registry Repair Tool
I use the Config Application but my aircraft are not updated with Reality XP gauges (I'm using Vista/Win7)?
In order for the Config application to configure your panels, you also need to change permissions to the Flight Simulator folders. This is a side-effect of the new Vista/Win7 security measures. Here is how to proceed:
- Right-click the Flight Simulator folder and select Properties.
- Click on the Security tab. Click Advanced in the lower right
- In the Advanced Security Settings window that pops up, click on the Owner tab. Click Edit
- Click Other users or groups
- Click Advanced in the lower left corner
- Click Find Now
- Scroll through the results and double-click on your current user account
- Click OK to all of the remaining windows except the first Properties window
- Select your user account from the list up top and click Edit
- Select your user account from the list up top again and then in the pane below, check Full control under Allow
- You will get a security warning, click Yes
- reboot the computer
Reality XP products require a minimum of FS9 SP1 or FSX SP1 but I can't find the service packs?
My gauges display a pink Reality XP logo, how to properly reinstall?
Sometimes you might need to reinstall your software. You might have lost your installers and/or product keys, or your gauges display watermarked with a pink image. If you are experiencing this issue, it most likely is an installation and/or a license validation issue. Please follow one or more of the steps below for a complete reinstallation procedure:
- with your valid email address, the address registered with your purchase, check or retrieve your order numbers and password
- save the order number and password information which will be sent to you to the email address.
- after validating that your email address/ISP is not blocking attachments, and with your order number, obtain a replacement key for your downloaded product
- an email will be sent to you with a .key file, your replacement key, in a .ZIP file in an email attachment. Save the .zip file to a folder, then unzip the .zip file. DO NOT try to unzip the attachment .zip directly from your email. Save the attachment to disk first and unzip it from there.
- download the eCommerce installer for the product you are re-installing directly from the store in selecting the checkout button. You won't be charged twice.
- when running the downloaded eCommerce installer you have just downloaded, select the "REINSTALL" button on the personal information page (you don't need to manually enter your personal information again), browse to the folder you have unzipped the key file (.key), select the key. You will be prompted for a password. Enter the password you have received by email.
The Windows Event Viewer flags SideBySide Codes 59 and 32 referencing a Reality XP gauge?
This is normal. All our Gauge XTreme gauges uses SimConnect in a dynamic fashion to permit loading the same gauge in either Flight Simulator 9 (without SimConnect) or Flight Simulator X/ESP, otherwise, a static binding between the gauge and SimConnect would prevent the gauge loading under FS9 (or at least, for customers running FS9 without having installed FSX). The system permits searching for the most updated version of SimConnect DLL, and the Windows API that permits doing this dynamically creates entries in the event log just for information. This is a Windows API/Operating system feature, not an error in the products.
FS Panel Studio
If you are a customer of FS Panel Studio, make sure to download and install the latest FS Panel Studio version in order to be able to configure the gauges to your panels. The new gauges use our Gauge XTreme development technology which is compatible with the latest version only.
In addition, like best described in the FS Panel Studio manuals, make sure to enable "Resolve DLL Dependencies".
Flight Simulator 9 Compatibility
The Wx500 for FSX is not compatible with FS9. We offer the Wx500 for FS9 as a separate product.
Disclaimer: This knowledge base and the documents included therein are provided for the convenience and private use of Reality XP customers only. Copying or distributing any portion of this database for any purpose is expressly prohibited, except that you may make one printed copy for your own personal use only, provided this entire disclaimer and copyright notice is included. The user of this database assumes all risk or using the information in it. This database is being provided "as-is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. All other limitations on liability contained in the applicable software product end user license agreement shall apply. Reality XP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the database. This database may include technical or other inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be periodically added. Reality XP does not guarantee that solutions suggested in this database will be effective in a particular situation.